What are the painful symptoms you can get relief from by undergoing tympanoplasty?
Following are the symptoms you can get relief from by undergoing tympanoplasty:
- Partial hearing loss
- Intense earache
- Discharge from the ear
- Regular itchiness in the ear
How should I prepare for tympanoplasty surgery?
Some of the tips that may help you prepare for tympanoplasty surgery:
- Do not take any medication or supplements before tympanoplasty surgery unless advised by your ENT doctor.
- Follow all the instructions given by your ENT doctor during the consultation to avoid any complications in the tympanoplasty surgery.
- Do tell all the necessary information regarding your medical history and current medication if you are taking any.
- Refrain wearing jewelry, lotion, cream, or make-up to the operation theatre on the day of tympanoplasty surgery.
What are the common questions you can ask an ENT expert regarding Tympanoplasty treatment?
There are a few common questions that you can ask during your appointment with an ENT doctor. These questions may help you get a clearer idea about the tympanoplasty procedure:
- Can tympanoplasty enhance my hearing ability?
- How long do I have to wait in order to resume work/school post tympanoplasty surgery?
- Is recovery duration post tympanoplasty painful?
- Are there any alternative treatment options apart from tympanoplasty surgery for a perforated eardrum?
- If I am suffering from another medical condition, is it possible to undergo tympanoplasty at the same time?
- Can any complication occur post tympanoplasty surgery?
- Are there any dietary restrictions after eardrum surgery?
- Can I resume gym after tympanoplasty treatment?
- Can a hole in the eardrum recur post tympanoplasty treatment?
Benefits of Advanced Tympanoplasty Surgery
Tympanoplasty is an advanced procedure to repair the hole in the eardrum. According to ENT specialists, tympanoplasty is a modern procedure performed with the latest techniques and are better as compared to traditional methods:
- Tympanoplasty is a scarless procedure
- The surgical procedure is minimally invasive
- Tympanoplasty is USFDA approved
- It has a faster recovery duration
- Tympanoplasty has fewer chances of risks
- It has minimal blood loss
- This surgical procedure has a better success rate
- Almost no chances of complications
Consult with Highly Experienced ENT Surgeons in Chandigarh
People decide to consult an ENT surgeon to undergo tympanoplasty for treatment of perforation or hole in the eardrums. Perforation in the eardrums is a disorder that should not be left untreated as it can lead to permanent hearing loss. You can get in touch with us and consult our certified and trained ENT doctors in Chandigarh. Our doctors have more than 8 years of experience in the field and specialize in performing tympanoplasty and other ENT procedures.
The doctors will diagnose you thoroughly and determine if there are any risks associated with the procedure. They do their best to ensure that the surgical treatment has minimal side effects. They will repair the eardrum and get rid of the root cause that led to perforation in the first place.
Book An Appointment with ENT Specialists Today
If you need to undergo eardrum repair surgery or tympanoplasty, get in touch with us. Our ENT specialists in Chandigarh will help you to resolve the problem in the most optimal way. You can consult with our doctors and get specialized treatment under their care.