Are there any Home remedies to treat Sinusitis?
It is always a better option to consult the ENT specialist if you notice anything odd or irregular function of the nose. However, there could be a few home remedies that can help in order to get relief from sinusitis symptoms:
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Take rest and sleep to reduce the discomfort
- Use a hot towel for warm compresses on the swollen area of the face
- Take hot water steam to improve the breathing
- Try neti pot to rinse the nasal congestion
- Over-the-counter nasal spray to remove the obstruction in the nasal passage
How can I prevent myself from getting sinusitis?
Some of the tips that may help you prevent developing sinusitis or worsening its symptoms:
- Wear a mask before stepping out of the house to avoid bacteria present in the air
- Wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle or bicycle
- Put on a seatbelt while driving the car
- Use a humidifier to ensure purified and good air quality in the surrounding
- Take better care of yourself if you have any sort of allergy
- Avoid coming in direct contact with a person who has cold or respiratory infections
- Wash your hands before and after eating each meal
- Take steam once a week to avoid nasal congestion and to increase the quality of breathing
- Refrain from smoking to avoid the chances of sinusitis
What are the common questions you can ask an ENT specialist during the appointment?
Some of the most common questions you can ask your ENT specialist during an appointment of sinusitis:
- Are there any other alternative methods to cure sinusitis?
- Can sinusitis be left untreated?
- Do I need surgery to get rid of sinusitis?
- Is it acute sinusitis or chronic sinusitis I am suffering from?
- Are there any food restrictions during sinusitis treatment?
- Can medication cure sinusitis?