Tonsillitis treatment for children and adults in Chennai
Tonsillitis can cause uncomfortable symptoms in both children and adults. If your child is suffering from frequent tonsillitis infections, your child’s performance in academics or other activities in school might be compromised and your child may remain cranky, irritated and may not eat well (due to pain while swallowing). Symptoms of tonsillitis are quite similar in adults but may affect them differently. Tonsillitis among children and adults can be effectively treated with tonsillectomy surgery. Our ENT doctors for tonsillitis in Chennai are great with young kids and are highly experienced in diagnosing and treating tonsillitis. Our doctor will perform a full examination and thoroughly diagnose the condition to determine the condition and its best possible treatment. Please call us or connect with us using the form present on this page to meet with our expert ENT doctors for tonsillitis in Chennai.
When should you meet an ENT doctor for tonsillitis?
You should visit an ENT doctor if you have symptoms of tonsillitis such as-
- A high fever higher than 38 degrees Celsius
- Stiffness in neck
- Muscle weakness or general tiredness
- Having a sore throat for more than 2 days
Tonsillitis can sometimes cause more severe complications. Severe tonsil infection can cause swelling in the throat and make breathing difficult. You should seek immediate medical advice if you experience severe symptoms of tonsillitis, such as the ones mentioned above. Want to discuss your tonsillitis with an ENT specialist? Get in touch with us to meet with the best ENT doctor for tonsillitis in Chennai for tonsillitis treatment.
What will happen when you visit an ENT specialist for tonsillitis?
Our ENT doctors are trained and experienced in treating tonsillitis in both children and adults. To diagnose tonsillitis, the ENT specialist will do a general examination to check for swelling around the tonsils. The doctors may also check the exterior of the throat to look for signs of enlarged lymph glands or other complications such as a rash. The doctor might also take a swab of the infected tonsils area and send it to the laboratory for closer inspection. A swab test is taken to find out whether the cause of the tonsils infection is viral or bacterial. If the patient’s swab comes out inconclusive, the doctor may need a complete blood cell count for further diagnosis.
Reasons that a tonsillectomy is right for you or your child
- You or your child has recurrent episodes of tonsillitis accompanied by pain, discomfort, and fever
- You or your child has chronic tonsillitis that does not clear up with home remedies and antibiotics
- You or your child has frequent ear infections due to tonsillitis
- Having breathing difficulties because of enlarged tonsils
- There are abscesses forming in the throat
If you are suffering from tonsillitis, we realize how difficult things can be sometimes. Our ENT doctors will provide you the best treatment and you surely will get relief from tonsillitis and its troubling symptoms. Whether you are an adult or child, our ENT doctors will provide you the best tonsillitis treatment in Chennai. You can visit our best ENT clinic in Chennai to meet with our ENT specialists.
How to prepare your child for a tonsillectomy?
- Talk to your child about how he or she is feeling and give your strong reassurance and support. It is normal for kids to be scared or anxious. As a parent or guardian, you should talk to the child and assure them everything is safe and okay.
- Explain to your child that tonsillectomy will make him or her healthier and provide relief from the painful symptoms of tonsillitis.
- Be with your child before and after the surgery as children often feel better when their parents or someone they trust is around.
- Tell your child about what he or she can expect after the surgery. The ENT doctor will brief the parent or guardian about it prior to the surgery.
- Reassure your child that the surgery does not remove any important organs from the body and that he or she will not look or feel any different afterward.
Our ENT specialists treat conditions that affect the ear, nose, throat, and neck in children. Our doctors specialize in minimally invasive ENT surgeries using the latest surgical techniques and approaches.