Scar-less FESS or sinus surgery in Gurgaon
Functional endoscopic sinusitis surgery or FESS is a minimally invasive surgery performed using an endoscope. The primary objective of this surgery is to facilitate the clearing of nasal secretions and restore ventilation of sinuses. The doctor may also remove polyps from the nose, sinuses and other nasal abnormalities during FESS that may be causing significant breathing problems. With FESS, the surgeon can also operate through the nose, which will prevent any external scars. There will be no external incisions during the procedure, which makes FESS a scar-free procedure.
Our ENT doctors will provide the highest level of care to you. Our doctors and surgeons have remarkable knowledge and expertise on treatments and surgeries related to the ear, nose and throat. If you are suffering from recurrent or chronic sinusitis that does not go away, contact us and our team will be happy to help you. We will schedule your appointment with our ENT doctors, who will provide you with the best treatment for sinusitis in Gurgaon.
What are the signs of complications after FESS?
After your surgery, our ENT doctor will inform you about the signs of complications after FESS that should be immediately reported back to the doctor. Complications or side effects usually do not occur after FESS but the risk should not be eliminated and you should take all necessary precautions. If you follow your doctor’s recommendations for recovery and take good care of yourself, you will not have any problems.
In case you experience the following complications after FESS, promptly report them to your doctor-
- Severe headache
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual change in the mood or behavior
- Changes in vision, including blurry or double vision
- Stiffening neck
- Pain in your eyes or face
- Bruising or swelling around the eyes
- Redness or rashes
- Clear or watery discharge from the nose
How long will the recovery after FESS take?
Your recovery time after FESS surgery will depend on your overall health condition and the success of the surgery. Usually, patients are discharged the same day or the next day after the surgery. Most patients feel comfortable returning to office, college or school 3 to 4 days after their sinusitis surgery. Our ENT doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself after your surgery and what you can do to help recovery. Feel free to contact the doctor if you notice or suspect any complications during your recovery period.
Tips for recovery after FESS/ sinusitis surgery
After your FESS or sinusitis surgery, it is important to take good care of your nose, sinuses and overall health to recover properly and prevent any complications. It is important that you take your medications on time and take a healthy diet. Here are some tips for recovery after FESS-
- Elevate your head to prevent discomfort and swelling after your surgery. The first night after FESS, elevate your head with an extra set of pillows.
- Avoid jogging, running, sports, gym workouts or other strenuous activities to prevent exertion and also as they may cause a risk of injury.
- Do not blow your nose for at least 7 days after FESS.
- If you have to sneeze, try it with your mouth open to prevent pressure on the nose.
- Do not take any unprescribed medications as some medications like aspirin can slow clotting and increase bleeding. If you still need to take any medication, have a word with your ENT doctor first.
- Avoid bending, lifting, straining for at least a week after your surgery as doing so can increase your risk of bleeding.
- You should avoid swimming for at least 4 weeks after your surgery as while your nose heals, the water from the pool or lake can cause inflammation or infection.
Your ENT doctor may ask you to return for a follow-up appointment a few days after your surgery. If needed, our ENT doctors would also be available for an online consultation.